Use up to three slicing modes to repurpose your iTunes music library and your own custom sample collection for remixes and sample chopped beats. Combine your chops with Slicr Sounds and you’re ready to slice beats like Kanye!
Region Slice Mode allows you to chop a sample into equally sized slices.
Auto Slice Mode allows you to detect and intelligently position slice points within a sample.
Manual Mode allows you to swipe to place slice markers directly on the waveform.
Utilize your iTunes Library of songs for remixing! Import songs from your iTunes Library, Slicr sound packs, and your own personal ".wav" sample collection to the “CRATE” to collect, edit and create snippets of songs for reuse in sample based beats, remixes and mashups.
Select up to 600 included sound samples for Slicing samples using up to three slice modes. Applying and routing reverb, delay and distortion can be done to a single slice or to multiple slices. Add some smoothness and control with the one-shot/hold mode and choke groups. One common approach is to crop a sample to 1 bar, before cutting it with regions mode across 4 pads, and then add the 4 pads to the same choke group in one-shot mode.
- Slicr is the first app to put the waveform directly onto the pads, so you can easily see sounds in the kit.
- More than 700 samples and 10 template songs
- Use 16 pads for real-time drum sequencing on your iOS device
- Load up to 64 samples on 4 banks
- Exclusive Slicr Sound pack and in-app purchases for extra packs from Mr.Carmack
- Sample from music library or import your own library
- Slice sounds using 3 distinct modes for sampling found in classic samplers
- Export your loop based arrangement in real-time in DJ mode
- Export to your computer via iTunes/document folder on device
- Route FX through slices individually
- Share your Slicr Kits and selections with others via Slicr’s Kit Feed
- Pitch slices up and down for classic sampler pitching
- Trigger recording and playing loops quickly in Pad Record mode
- Create new sequences, record and overdub beats
- Live Loop queuing for real-time performance and playback
- Simple drag and drop sound selection with preview
- Built-in effects: delay, distortion, reverb
- One shot/Hold mode: cutoff the sound when you lift off the device
- Choke Groups: A pad’s sample will cut off another sample if its in the same choke group
- Quantize Time correct: 1/4 note – 1/32
- Glitch Master effect - 1/16 - 1/4
- Delay Fade Master effect
- Highpass and Lowpass Filter Master effect
- Varispeed pitching with Lock and Drop (pitch drop) modes
- Change the colors of the pads for optimal organization
- No matter which iOS device you use, Slicr adapts to your screen size
Cookie Beats: Rhythm Game
Through our experience teaching music technology, we design and develop music software and games for iPad and iPhone/iPod to help students learn in fun, fast paced environments like our educational rhythm game, Cookie Beats. Using modern music equipment and concepts, we make learning about music as fun as playing a game! We turn music listeners and lovers into music makers.